Activities at the Hotel and around at Verneuil-sur-Avre
Artistic & cultural events throughout the year:
- Discover the brilliance to light and practice the art of stained glass
- Exhibitions at the Espace Saint-Laurent an old and renovated abbaye which is now dedicated for exhibitions: painting, sculptures, patchwork, photography and a lot of artists from the region or Europe.
- Popular theatre: each year, they suggest 6 shows of high Quality
- La MJC le Silo : This new renovated house is dedicated for young people with music’s concerts.
- Cinéma le Trianon : bield in an old church call “Hotel Dieu”, this room suggest differents and new movies
Agenda of bigs events yearly:
- Festival L'Eure Poétique et Musicale (april & may) : International’s festival of classical music in the differents churches of the country
- International meeting of naive artists
- Read at Verneuil-sur-Avre (May): books fairs,, conferences, concerts, exhibitions, book signings, some thirty authors are invited.
- Medieval festival (Late May): medieval festival, tournament, crafts village, concerts, parades…
- Festival Franco-Quebec (August): 5 days of franco-quebecois events sur recitals…
- Christmas lights (Christmas) traditional & gourmet markets, illumination of the tower of la Madeleine (the highest church in Europe), show for children….
- Champs de Batailles de Jacques Garcia : Beautiful castle renovated by the famoust architect and designer
- Anet : Private castle built for Diane de Poitiers the Huntress
- Maintenon : Enter in the secret garden of Madame de Maintenon, secret wife of Louis the IX
- Beaumesnil, Our Norman’s Versailles ans its museum of bookbinding
- Harcourt : A castle as a fortress in a green screen
- Vendeuvre : First collection in the World of miniature furniture
- Château de Versailles The Worldwide Jewel from Louis IX
- Giverny : Fondation Claude Monet & the Museum of impressionnistes
- Honfleur Musée Eugène Boudin An unusual collection of impressionnist masters
- MuMa – Museum of Modern Art André Malraux The first collection of impressionnists after Paris
Cathedrals and abbeys
- Chartres Capital of light and Parfume. The cathedral is registred on the UNESCO World Heritage List
- Rouen, City of Art & history
- La chapelle Royale de Dreux Beautiful marble sculptures
- Mont Saint- Michel One of the wonders of the world
- la Route des Abbayes normandes More than 30 abbeys, every one of them appeading and beautiful…
- Chocolatrium Michel Cluizel Ideal place of initiation into the world of cocoa and chocolate over 500 SM devoted to chocolate; one of a famous chocolaterie in Europe
- Château Du Breuil The only castel in Normandy distilling a exceptional Calvados – Brandy
- Ferme du louviers An educational farm
- The Manufactory Bohin You will not see a needle like before
- Parc naturel régional du Perche Regional Natural park of the Perche called the french Tuscany with more than 200 castles
- Le Haras national du Pin The haras of Louis XIV called the Versailles of the horse
- Pêche à la Mouche à la Chaise Dieu du Theil « come and fish the biggest trout of your life!
- Naturama Le Bois des aigles Eagles in action like you have never seen
- Musée des instruments à vents A large museum with a nice collection of wind instruments
- Gacé la Dame aux Camélias Discover his history of the lady & his author Alexandre Dumas
- Illiers Combray cradle of the work of l'œuvre de Marcel Proust
Sports and hobbies
- Trecking: GR – 22 Paris to Mont-Saint-Michel, biker or horseback riding, you have a large choice between Nature and heritage.
- Golf Champ de bataille
- Riding Les Chevauchées du Genetay
- Hunting or Fly fishing Pêche à la mouche
- Canoë/kayak, pédalo
- Parcours aventure, escalade
- Randonnée - trecking voie verte, Randonnées du Perche