Activities at the Hotel and around at Verneuil-sur-Avre
Hotel Le Clos can hire all-aluminum bicycles. You will stroll along the Bois Francs greenway cycle path which will take you through countryside and forest. 300 kilometers of Normandy and Perche slopes are available.
Verneuil d´Avre & d’Iton: Founded in 1120 by Henri 1er Beauclerc, this charming town has preserved many vestiges of its past: keep, ditches, fortifications. City in bloom, it is also ranked among the 100 Plus Beaux Détours de France (Michelin). It holds the first place in the Eure in number of historic monuments registered or classified.
The tourist office - Tel: 02 32 32 17 17 - offers a varied program of guided tours of the city and its monuments (carriage rides, theatrical visits in the Abbey, climbing to the top of the Tour de la Madeleine. ..). Visits on request are possible: you choose your day and time of visit, subject to the availability of the guide.
Artistic & cultural events throughout the year:
- Discover the brilliance to light and practice the art of stained glass
- Exhibitions at the Espace Saint-Laurent an old and renovated abbaye which is now dedicated for exhibitions: painting, sculptures, patchwork, photography and a lot of artists from the region or Europe.
- Popular theatre: each year, they suggest 6 shows of high Quality
- La MJC le Silo : This new renovated house is dedicated for young people with music’s concerts.
- Cinéma le Trianon : bield in an old church call “Hotel Dieu”, this room suggest differents and new movies
Agenda of bigs events yearly:
- Festival L'Eure Poétique et Musicale (april & may) : International’s festival of classical music in the differents churches of the country
- International meeting of naive artists
- Read at Verneuil-sur-Avre (May): books fairs,, conferences, concerts, exhibitions, book signings, some thirty authors are invited.
- Medieval festival (Late May): medieval festival, tournament, crafts village, concerts, parades…
- Festival Franco-Quebec (August): 5 days of franco-quebecois events sur recitals…
- Christmas lights (Christmas) traditional & gourmet markets, illumination of the tower of la Madeleine (the highest church in Europe), show for children….
- Champs de Batailles de Jacques Garcia : Beautiful castle renovated by the famoust architect and designer
- Anet : Private castle built for Diane de Poitiers the Huntress
- Maintenon : Enter in the secret garden of Madame de Maintenon, secret wife of Louis the IX
- Beaumesnil, Our Norman’s Versailles ans its museum of bookbinding
- Harcourt : A castle as a fortress in a green screen
- Vendeuvre : First collection in the World of miniature furniture
- Château de Versailles The Worldwide Jewel from Louis IX
- Giverny : Fondation Claude Monet & the Museum of impressionnistes
- Honfleur Musée Eugène Boudin An unusual collection of impressionnist masters
- MuMa – Museum of Modern Art André Malraux The first collection of impressionnists after Paris
Cathedrals and abbeys
- Chartres Capital of light and Parfume. The cathedral is registred on the UNESCO World Heritage List
- Rouen, City of Art & history
- La chapelle Royale de Dreux Beautiful marble sculptures
- Mont Saint- Michel One of the wonders of the world
- la Route des Abbayes normandes More than 30 abbeys, every one of them appeading and beautiful…
- Chocolatrium Michel Cluizel Ideal place of initiation into the world of cocoa and chocolate over 500 SM devoted to chocolate; one of a famous chocolaterie in Europe
- Château Du Breuil The only castel in Normandy distilling a exceptional Calvados – Brandy
- Ferme du louviers at Bâlines, an educational farm
- The Manufactory Bohin You will not see a needle like before
- Parc naturel régional du Perche Regional Natural park of the Perche called the french Tuscany with more than 200 castles
- Le Haras national du Pin The haras of Louis XIV called the Versailles of the horse
- Pêche à la Mouche à la Chaise Dieu du Theil « come and fish the biggest trout of your life!
- Musée des instruments à vents A large museum with a nice collection of wind instruments
- Gacé la Dame aux Camélias Discover his history of the lady & his author Alexandre Dumas
- Illiers Combray cradle of the work of l'œuvre de Marcel Proust
- The green tower at Verneuil d'Avre & d'Iton
- The Old Life and Crafts Museum in Breteuil sur Iton
Sports and hobbies
- Trecking: GR – 22 Paris to Mont-Saint-Michel, biker or horseback riding, you have a large choice between Nature and heritage.
- Golf Champ de bataille
- Golf Center Parc
- Riding Les Chevauchées du Genetay
- Hunting or Fly fishing Pêche à la mouche
- Canoë/kayak, pédalo
- Parcours aventure, escalade
- Randonnée - trecking voie verte, Randonnées du Perche